Wednesday, June 23, 2004

So...

I meant to mention in my previous post:
I had a very weird dream -- not as detailed as Ben's usually are, though. What I remember is that I was, I guess, a dwarf; only I was just as tall as I am right now. So I was a really tall dwarf. And I and my dwarf associates (of ordinary dwarf height) were trying to defend our Mountain Fortress (something like Erebor in The Hobbit, with the big wall on the one side) against an onslaught of Trolls. Not goblins, not Orcs, Trolls. Which is a Scandinavian thing. I was fighting them with a 2+1/2 ft. long 3/4 inch thick dowel. (Which is something I have, and kept for a long time in the corner with my staves and swords.) And the Trolls didn't look like Orcs in the movie, or in any of the Illustrations I've seen for LOTR books, or for that matter any other Orc, Goblin, or Troll illustrations I've seen. They looked like the scary people you see riding the Public Bus System sometimes. It was on the whole kind of cool. I mean, I never get to beat people with a stick in real life. The vast majority (99%) of the time, I don't even want to.

Also an Idea: Rock-concert lighting for the Four Seasons by Vivaldi. I think it would be cool.