Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The Right Stuff

Jon, that website that you sent me to is just what everyone needs to read when they are sending an email. I get so many emails that have little or no punctuation, spelling correction, or even proper word usage. It's amazing that people have just simply forgotten how to write.

Anyhow, enough of my complaining. You don't want to hear that. A bit of news: After nearly a week of downtime, my computer is finally on the mend. I was able to make the backup image of my hard disk drive. That took 30 CDs and let me tell you, it was not fun. Then, one after another, I am in the process of loading them. This is attempt number 3, though. The first two attempts were subverted by some seemingly evil hex that must have been placed on my computer. The first one was a power outage and the second was the anti-keyboard demon inside my computer. For this third attempt, I have decided to put up a defense against the evil hexes cast upon my machine by attaching it to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and attaching a PS/2 keyboard to the machine on a port that is not plagued with problems like the one that my main keyboard is hooked to.

So, wish me luck on this install. I tried, last night, to install Suse Linux 9.0 on my poor computer, but for some reason, while it was installing, it kept freezing up and not letting me do anything. Hehehe. *Needs to try Suse 9.1*

Therefore, my life as of late has gone thusly. It has been one sad tale of computer problem after computer problem. :) But, hopefully, I can get it resolved and gain a few gigabytes in the process.

By the way, Kris, sorry I missed you at the office. I had gone to the store down the street to get a drink.

Anyway, y'all, take it easy. Chao!