Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Yeah! You're all gonna be in my experimental reality

There were a few good Rootisms uttered today. One about Dr. Root's early formative, impressionable years, and the other about graduation. And how... HOW could he? I mean, here I am, all excited about coming on Thursday and sitting through my 60+ measures of rest at the beginning of whatever song we play that starts with a P and he calls sectionals and says the percussion people don't have to come! "He wandered in loneliness, weeping a little for the hardness of the world..." - J.R.R. Tolkein Ok, I'm only kidding. :)

In other news, there is now a bit more text on my blog for the Europe trip. No more pictures as yet. I have to redo some of the ones I put up on photobucket since even the small versions have nearly overflowed my account limit. And I haven't even put them all up yet. I will hopefully be able to get some work done on them if I get my program done. I thought I needed to have it turned in by Saturday at midnight, but when I went to submit it, the instructor had extended the deadline til tomorrow. Oh, well, at least it's almost all done. I think it works, but I have to run it on Visual Studio 6 to be certain. Wish me luck.

Jason, I wholeheartedly agree with you. There were people that died to give us the right to govern ourselves and a huge part of that is voting. Not caring enough to go vote when it's the day of elections because you can't be bothered or because you don't think it's important enough is an affront to people who sacrificed everything for your way of life. I respect the right of every person to hold an opinion and to try to support what they feel is right. I think Bush has done a good job, but if you're a Kerry fan and don't vote for him then that I don't respect. I kind of like how they do things in Denmark. Everyone is required by law to at least show up at the polls. They can mark a box that says they don't want to actually vote for anyone, but they can be fined if they don't at least do that. Apathy in this matter shows a lack of appreciation of every good thing we enjoy in this land. Being America doesn't mean we're perfect or that we will ever have perfect leadership. But it does mean that we have something that many people have considered worth dying for. The least any of us can do to repay that debt is to do this smallest of all forms of participating in our more perfect union, governed by the people, for the people.

As far as the band blog being a forum for political discussion, I figure Hey! Why not? This is just an extension of the hall itself and we can discuss anything here that we might there. And speaking of our little forum here, I must extend a warm welcome to our newest blogger, Heather. If there's anyone else who wishes to hang out in the digital as well as the real band hall and post here, just send an email to the address listed above. Cheers! Juice! (What!?!) By the by, Jason - on the 200th post on this blog you mentioned a dessert. As I was reading that post just now I suddenly had an overwhelming urge to eat just such a dessert. My question, then, is this: Where does one obtain such a dish?

Ok, so until next time, here's blogging at you, kid.