Wednesday, October 13, 2004

And the politics go on...

I am in the process of watching the final presidential debates. I have never been so outraged by a comment then I have tonight by one of the candidates. The subject of homosexuality came up. I know that we are free to believe what we want, but I am so upset by what one candidate said that I have to vent. He said that both he and the other candidate agreed that marriage is between a man and a woman. He then proceeded to say that he also believes that some of us were made, BY GOD, to be homosexuals. I don't have any exact references, but do I know that the Bible and the Book of Mormon do not say that we were made to have that preference. God created Adam, then he created Eve from the rib of Adam. He didn't create another man, he created a woman. Man was made to love, marry and procreate with the opposite sex. I have been enjoying this debate, despite my being outraged; it's the first one I've watched with the real intent of learning something. Anyone who has the desire to exercise the right to vote should watch these debates. I regret not watching the others. A person can learn so much about who will be leading our country for the next four years by watching the debates. Thank you for listening to my opinions...if you don't agree, I understand, but I do not apologize for believing what I do.

In other news, it's amazing what sleep can do for the sick and tired body. I woke up this morning and felt terrible, so I've been sleeping all day. I actually missed not going to school, but now I have the energy and clarity of mind to go on. Thank you for the welcome Jon, I feel at home now. ;)

Well folks, I want to go listen to the rest of the debates. Have a wonderful day...evening, whatever it may be when you see this. :) And please understand that I am not attacking anyone for their beliefs, I just felt impressed to share mine.