Saturday, October 16, 2004

The Big Freeze

I just got back from watching The Day After Tomorrow. When it first came out, I thought it would be another one of those fake, end-of-the-world type movies that just make me feel like I've wasted my time. This is not the case for that movie. Besides having a pretty good cast (Ian Holms and Dennis Quaid), the plot was very realistic and the CGI effects (except for the wolves) weren't too bad. I'm a nut for seeing natural disasters (dream #1-be a storm chaser), so I loved the scene where LA gets ripped up by a load of tornados. The only problem I have with this movie is that it isn't a too far-fetched idea. If you think about it, the world's climate is slowly changing, who knows what could happen in the next 1000 years?! Well, I suppose I wouldn't make it in the the movie-reviewing world, but I tried....right? It's a good movie, and it's pretty tense, so if you have free time and haven't seen it, I would recommend it. If nothing else, there is very little bad language and no dirty scenes. Enjoy!