Monday, January 17, 2005

Savila se bela losza

Silly music for silly me. Listen to it as you read to understand the tone at which I write.

I just realized that all this Jinglesþula discussion should have been carried on in the venue designed for it: the Jingles blog!

Thank you, Kristin. An outside voice is greatly appreciated.

Somethin's Gotta Give, as the fine old song says; so I will. But only to an extent.

Here is my massage for won and awl. I'm going to finish a draft version of JÞII this week (Tomorrow, even) and Burn it to DVD. Saturday, I will personally drive those with the most interest (if they can), viz., Ben, Jon, and Myself, down to SLC to show Andarth what has been done. And if as we watch it we want to change things, there's time to do that. If Ben or Jon can't come, another interested party is welcome.

I say Saturday, but if on another day of the week there is a good time for all, I'm willing to do that too. I would prefer it (being sooner rather than later); but I know you're all in school.

Do you realize that in saying, Jinglesthula II is almost done, I mean the MOVIE itself? I haven't done any of the other stuff, the 'Making of', or the blooper reel, or any of that. That still remains another person's Noble Quest. I leave that up entirely. The extent of my ambition for now is to have in my possesion a DVD with both films on it. That's all. But I am eager to get input on what's been done. So -- let's do it. If this meeting doesn't come together (IE, by other people showing more motivation than that required to nag me into doing it) I will call this "draft version" complete and leave the project. So I hope we can make this work. In two years (I'll be back for Spring Semester 2007) we can release the "Jinglesþula Special Edition."

Saturday, 22 January 2005. In the Morning or Afternoon (realizing I need to be home at Seven pm). I will drive to North Ogden and Get Jon. I will drive to Morgan and Get Ben. And we will drive to Salt Lake and Visit Andrew. Tell me if this is even remotely feasible. I am willing to go as early as 5 am or as late as 4:30 pm. (again, allowing travel time.) If I must, I'll even arrange to have nothing happening that day so it can be in the evening.

I AM WILLING. Show me your faith by your works, as James says.

So let it be written; so let it be done.

But can I say? There are many editions of Great Works. There are several versions of 'Messiah' by Haendel; there are several versions of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony; There are several versions of Dvorak's Cello Concerto; We're in good company.

Andrew, Jon, Ben, call me, six-four-four two-four-nine-one. Let's do it.