Friday, October 28, 2005

Some totally amazing...

...web sites!

Over the past couple of days, I have been searching for more great images (mostly for wallpaper and stuff like that.) Well, the first site that I disovered is Caedes.net. I'm serious when I say that they have literally thousands of images of all kinds in proper aspect ratios for computer wallpapers. I've never seen anything like it before. So far, my favorite section is the Space section. I don't know, maybe I have some kind of loyalty to NASA seeing as it is probably one of the best man-made institutions ever created. The kind of engineering that comes out of NASA totally blows my mind.

Well, as I was browsing on this gorgeous space gallery, I came across a picture taken from one of the Apollo missions as they were in low earth orbit. The picture is one of the most breathtaking shots I've ever seen. So, I investigated a bit further and found that all the film from all the Apollo missions has been digitized and much of it is available online. So, the second of the kick-butt-amazing websites is the Apollo Image Gallery. Here you will find an astonishing collection of photos from the entire Apollo series, including the mighty Saturn V rockets. Again, this gallery is almost overkill because there are so many images on it. But, it gives me a sense of pride knowing that mankind has done some pretty amazing things. I can't wait until we put a man back on the moon! I feel like I was cheated out of the experience of hearing firsthand the account of the Apollo 11 mission to Tranqility Base.

Anyhow, just thought I'd get all sentimental for a second.