Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Backwash Boys...

Anyone who's played brass in marching band will know what backwash is. :)

*sings* "Which Backstreet Boy is gay?"

Okay, I'm done now. Well, sort of. Actually, Bye Bye Bye is by(e) that Orlando-based group, IN*STINCT. I should know because my sister was a HUGE fan, and by huge, I mean she traveled to other states (like Idaho) to see them in concert.

M'kay, I don't have a whole lot of rambling to do tonight. Just wanted to drop in and leave the only mark I'm allowed to in this band hall: a digital one. *Psycho shower scene music* Speaking of Psycho, that was the screenplay last week on the Score Station. I listened to it while I was at work.

Okay, I do have to comment on the marching band a little bit. You guys sound really good. I quite enjoyed y'all's homecoming show. It's freakin' pathetic that we don't have uniforms yet. Come on! I mean, what ever happened to the funding that the SLTrib gave us for that gig? But, aside from the uniforms, I really liked the show. Brass, please, I beg you with all the faculties of my being, get your horns up! It's such an impressive visual treat to see bell-front instruments at the proper angle of 10 degrees above level. For the most part, it was okay, but it's such a huge deal to me that I notice it quickly when it doesn't happen. Marching band is awesome. Make it known to everyone!

Fortune for the day: Great Moments in History (#7): November 23, 1915 - Pancake make-up is invented; most people continue to prefer syrup.

Take it easy!