Sunday, October 16, 2005

Bond-O

Great for car bodies, even better for your viewing pleasure. Oh, wait, that's just Bond, a.k.a. 007, License to [Thr]ill.

Actually, I'm not very familiar with Daniel Craig either, but neither was I familiar with Pierce Brosnan when he came on the scene in '95. I have certainly enjoyed his bond films (though none can match the mastery of Sean Connery.) I'm excited to see Mr. Craig in a Bond film. By the way, was that picture of him actually a scene from Dirty Harry? That handgun in HUGE! Maybe it's a Walter PPK hopped up on some kind of steroids.

As I remember, the reason that actors like David Duchovny were not used as 007 is because the studio wanted to use BRITISH actors to represent the BRITISH MI-6 superspies. They had considered some like Jude Law and Hugh Jackman, though they had declined the part. (Hugh Jackman isn't really British; he's from Australia. But then Sean Connery was actually from Scotland, both, however, part of the British Empire.) I think we ought to give Mr. Craig a reasonable go at the part. I think it'll be fun. Besides, that's all we watch 007 movies for, right? Because they're fun.