Saturday, October 01, 2005

Here I am...

...can't sleep, restless, listening to WBHR.

Yeah it's 2:53 am.

Um, I think that's a fairly expensive way to determine bear type.

Does anyone have a plastic skeleton? Or maybe a spare bone one, spare 'cause I wouldn't want to take your installed /dev/skeleton.

Is that pizzaria on 12th street the one with the random political insights on the marquee?

Don't forget Swing Club Tuesday nights at 7:30 in UB Ballroom.

But, the band hall does pose a great threat to Jingles' recording equipment.

Horsepower? Torque? I have a few qu'ns about these concepts. What is meant by ft-lb? How does RPM factor in to the equ'n? Did you know that a 16-liter engine has to burn 24,000 cylinders-full of fuel per minute to generate a 1000HP output? That translates to 5 liters of gas per minute that it needs to burn along with 45,000 liters of air. Not too fuel efficient. I'll stick to my 124HP 4-popper. I get between 35 and 37mpg loafing along at 2500RPM (60mph in 4th gear). This equals 10,000 cylinders-full of fuel/air per minute. And who freakin' has a 16-liter engine? (Source: HowStuffWorks.com)

Anyhow, I'm trying to understand the physics of horsepower and torque at now 3:17am.

ps: For all of your Unix/Linux integer math: bc is where it's at. For real number Unix/Linux math: xcalc is the ticket. Or you could pull out a real calculator, but that takes away all the fun of it. I know, I'm crazy. A year of the vi editor will do that to you. You start to crave glazed donuts at weird times of the day and the User Friendly comic strip is really funny. You start to laugh at anything political because you think to yourself "If only they had the power to take over the world like I do."