Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Stupiditude of Guys

So Jessica, I think I can side with you about how stupid guys can be from time to time, especially when it comes to the needs of the ladies. I must admit, I have been, and will be in the future, guilty of these heinous sins of omission. It comes with the territory of being a guy. Guys can simply be morons sometimes.

My complaint about guys, however, doesn't stem so much from their lack of affection towards women when women want it. It does stem from the genuine feeling of male supremacy I see all around. Nothing irritates me more than to see guys being mean and rough with other people just because they are "guys." When men show no intelligence at all, that irritates me.

Another thing with men that really irritates me is their constant need for power. The most best example I can think of for this is those big, huge pickup trucks that guys buy. Not only do they buy these trucks that obviously generate a sizeable gravitational pull, but they drive them badly too. I get on the road and these jerks drive these blasted behemoths like they own the road and their not afraid to intimidate us people who drive sensible, economical, DECENT-LOOKING cars. Women do it too, but not nearly as much as men. ...and what's with the blasted diesel engines? Guys buy these trucks and then have to scare the pants off you at intersections by putting the hammer down and making their 81 liter engine roar so loudly that you can feel your teeth rattle. I guess what I'm getting at is that guys need to learn to be more sensitive to those around them. The world doesn't revolve around men. We do have to share the world peaceably with the women-folk and if anything, they deserve more of the respect that we guys do.

Now, I cannot simply state that men are slobs and women are perfect. There are two things about women that really irk us men: ingratitude and impatience. Sometimes women just expect to be shown a certain level of treatment and when they receive it graciously at the hand of a man, they show no sign of gratitude. The same holds true for ladies who don't care to have guys open doors and show a little chivalry. When you approach a door with a man, ladies, please allow the guy to open the door and then politely thank him afterwards. Also, when on a date or riding in a car, please, please, please allow the guy to open your door for you. Do not give the excuse, "Well, it's faster if I just open my own door." Gaaaah! That drives guys crazy. It's not a matter of how fast you can go or how many tenths of seconds you can shave off of your dating experience. And guys, you MUST always open doors for the ladies. Unless you want to come off being the uberjerk, you must open doors for the ladies. Period.

All in all, I think that we as a society need to pay attention to one another. We have become a very individualistic society and that has led to a general rudeness of people. Guys don't pay attention to girls, and girls don't give guys the time of day. How do we expect to perpetuate the species if we treat each other with disregard? So, Jessica, thank you for making the observations about guys that you did. I know you probably meant them mostly in jest, but y'know, our society has some things it needs to work on and it takes each of us to begin the correction.

Frog f = new Frog();
f.ribbitt(2);