Friday, February 04, 2005

All About Girls and Guys . . . From a Guys Perspective

Britty, girls are attractive to guys simply because they're girls. Other than that, there are things that add to the girl experience. All the things you listed (personality, attitude, and what not) factor in, while the God given urges of physical attration do as well (we were given them for a reason, right?) Now, the thing that makes a guy want to be "just friends" is simple: the guy has tried to make something more of the friendship (whether inwardly or outwardly isn't relevent) and has decided that it won't work out, for whatever reason. Now, there were also some winning attributes of this girl that has led the person to consider the "more than just friends" relationship and the guy would really like things to be in a "just friends" status. This, I've experienced, is not a phenomenon reserved specifically for the guys. At one point in my own frustrated dating life, I even refered to my sides as "just friends handles" in lieu of love handles. Sometimes, however, there are some of the other things that happen to take effect. I remember the first girl I went out with when I got home and she was a wonderful wonderful person and lots of fun to be with and she spoke french and all that, but she wasn't in the least ways attractive to me. Despite trying to make things work for me, I couldn't. There was no "spark". Is this my fault? No. Very emphatically, no! The God given ways for me to find a date/wife/companion had not confirmed for me the choice. Now, this person would have been a wonderful wonderful friend, but not a good date, you understand. The only reason why you seem to be stuck in that all to excrutiating state of "just friendliness" is that all these factors have not lined up for both you and your suitor at the same time. Not too long ago, I wondered if those many factors would ever add up for me, seeing as they seemed to be so random and so far-fetched. The one thing that I know for certain is that every good person will WILL have the chance. I'd take that as a promise! On to your other question about the covered, uncovered thing. I believe that modest is hottest! I'll repeat that: MODEST IS HOTTEST!!! When I was on my mission in France (NOT the modest of places) I remember thinking that an individual was extremely attractive (while not being all that cute) and when my companion remarked the same to me, we realized that it was because she was dressed modestly. Now, guys are programed (hard-wired) to like unclothiness (its a simple fact, no getting around it). The reason we don't like it is because we like it. So, the reason that guys seem to flirt more with those girls is because it draws them in . . . exactly why the girl wears it. Now, any guy I'd assume you'd want to date, would be the kind that didn't like it (because he liked it) and you'd just better get used to the fact that that is the way that guys are and that one day this will be advantageous to you (and the appearance of children in your life).

Thanks one and some for putting up with my musings and explanations on the life of dating and relationships. I hope that maybe my findings can be of help to those of you in the "frustrated in love" camp. Take care and smile, its worth it.