Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Bwead is a good time...

...for ev'wybody.

What do you do in a situation when a guy is completely clueless and doesn't open your door for you? Hmmmm. You do have a point in that you can't always know when the guy you are with is going to be a gentleman or not. So, here's what I would do if I were in your shoes. I would sit in the car until it became obvious that the not-so-gentleman was not going to open my door. Then, I would open the door and get in or out casually, trying not to make a big scene or whine about it. Whining becomes a turn-off really fast. Throughout the remainder of the time that you are on this date, casually mention or imply that gentlemen are important to you and that gentlemen score points with you, or whatever phraseology you choose to employ. If some other guy in your date group holds the door open for you, look them in the eye and thank them by name. If your date is paying attention, he will take note and wish to make up lost points. Basically, you shouldn't ever come across as demanding, but do it in a way that the dater in question will want to open doors for you and be chivalrous. If the dating becomes more serious and he still isn't pulling the wagon of knighthood, you may want to take a more direct approach and really tell him straigh up that he needs to learn to be a gentleman. However, anyone in a serious relationship with a woman should know chivalry inside and out way before the serious adjective gets tacked on to the relationship. In other words, if he can't take a hint and be a gentleman, he's not really worth your time. Here's something a General Authority said on it: How to Treat a Girl.

Britty, I have to applaud you for thanking guys who show gentlemanness and hold the door for you. That really makes us feel good and makes us want to be that way all the time. I hope what I said earlier helps in any dating or relationship issues dealing with the somewhat dense-headed male population. If not, just tell me I'm full of crap and to take a long walk off a short pier.

"I believe they studied calculus last semester."