Monday, January 29, 2007

Vista's Vista

For all of you out there who are interested, today marked the launch of Microsoft's new flagship product: Windows Vista. Vista is supposed to revolutionize the way Windows users use their PCs. I've been using Vista at work for about a year now, but it has only been beta and Release Candidate versions which haven't really impressed me all that much. However, once I saw a real Release-to-Customer version running on a high-horsepower box, I was pretty impressed. Microsoft has done a nice job with it. So, if you have a machine with a good amount of horsepower (read: sweet-a** graphics card) you have my modest endorsement of this product. I say modest because, after all, it is a Microsoft product and they are known for spotty quality. Also, I cannot, under any circumstances, recommend Windows Internet Explorer. It is a piece of crap. Always has been; always will be.

In other news, fish in the Minot river are not currently swimming upstream to lay their eggs. The river's frozen. But, Kris and I are in the process of buying a house. We have decided that $16,000 is about our breaking limit for rent. That is approximately how much we have spent in the last year and a half to live in our apartment. So, we put an offer on a nice little house on 35th street. We will definitely be having a party there when we get moved in. :) It has a (almost) fully finished basement so we can watch movies. So, if you know anyone who's selling a used (but functional) lawn mower (or any other yard tools), please let me know.

Anyhow, if you don't know where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else. :)