Wednesday, September 22, 2004

STAR WARS, NOTHING BUT STAR WARS, NOTHING BUT STAR WARS, DA DA DE DOO

That's right, Star Wars finally arrived. I sat down to watch Ep. IV night of last and I was pretty amazed at the picture quality. I didn't think it was quite as pristine as the Indy DVDs, but very close. Unfortunatly, I think I may have to return my set since the first DVD likes to skip a lot. I just need to try it in another player to see if my suspicions are true. Now for the changes: Jabba looks pretty darn good, but I could still do with out seeing him altogether. A few of the close-ups containing lettering on the Death Star have been changed to the "Imperial Font" and the detention corridor has been lengthened. Also, the dianogga in the trash compacter scene has a brand new eyeball. The speeder entering Mos Eisley has been re-animated to look better. That's about all I can remember. The only bad change was the Han/Greedo "shoot out". It now looks even worse than it did in the 97 version. Han Solo looks like a rubber dummy as he "dodges" Greedo's shot. Just awful. I should get finished with Empire tonight and hopefully Jedi tomorrow.

Ben, I guess I wasn't too specific about what I meant. What I wanted to know was how to put links on the side of my blog. The ones that are permanently in the margin.

It has been too quite aroud here as of late. POST THINGS PEOPLE! It will be boring here if you don't.