Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Three million dollars?

Well, it's worth every penny.

That's what the new fountain near the entrance of Lagoon cost. (The Farmington Star reports it as $1 Million, but I heard it from the park director.) It is a walk in fountain for people to play in when it's warm. Each of the guesstimated 100 nozzles that shoot the perfectly clear, round streams of water cost $5000. I got an earful about QA at the park yesterday at an ASQ I attended. Interesting stuff. The park opens at 11 AM, but they have people visually inspect every inch of track on every ride, starting at 5:30 AM. Every ride in the park is inspected every day by 3 different people before it is certified for public use. These people take fun seriously so that we don't have to. Well... I found it interesting anyways. And the free dinner didn't hurt. If it had, I'd've complained.

Well, yesterday I finished reading Quenta Silmarillion, read all of the AkallabĂȘth, and started in on The War of the Rings. The whole collection is full of stories of heroic triumph, but leans more often towards tragic events. Still, I liked the note at the end of Quenta Silmarillion that said that it was unknown whether the Marring would be amended rather than just leaving you with a let down feeling. Kind of leaves it up in the air still. Good book, though.

Well, I am all the way happy about being able to get off both my works for the trip to Cedar City this week, which I am very much looking forward too. Today is our last (I think) rehearsal for avoiding the inflicting of the wounds of death as we thrill and impress our audience. I was just looking over the agenda Diego gave us an noticed that our performance time was 10 PM. They must have quite the party planned. Oh, yeah. That's right. Now I remember. Graduation parties go till the wee hours of the morning. We're not last. We're more like towards the beginning. Shoot - some of the kids might not even show up until after we perform. How silly of me. Well, their loss.

Yesterday I quite enjoyed listening to the soundtrack to O, Brother. As I was the only one home, the volume on the stereo was a bit higher than is polite to have it when there are other people present.

While I was home alone I put together two new slideshows and watched the first part of A New Hope. What a great show.

So now I'm just rambling on.

Buy. Now.

I mean bye, now.