Thursday, August 11, 2005

What...

...do you mean?

People with rubber necks should be ticketed? The last time I checked, the only humanoid beings known to possess rubber necks are crash test dummies (like Buster from Mythbusters) and I suppose they probably could do with a few driver improvement courses. Y'know, crashing into barriers at 40 mph isn't usually a good thing, especially for the airbags which have to come out of their nice warm steering wheels and dashboards just to keep the dummies' heads from exerting 108G's on the driver controls.

Okay, I have to comment on something. Kristin and I tried the restaurant on Harrison called Jasoh (pronounced jay-SOH.) The food there was excellent, but a bit on the pricy side. I had a filet mignon that had an MSRP of $31.00. However, since I had a birthday coupon, that knocked 25 bucks off the sticker price. Kristin had a really good chicken breast covered in this amazing sauce. The crab cakes were pretty good too. Our waiter's name was Trevor and he was the most laid-back waiter I have ever seen. I really enjoyed the service. They do offer cooking classes at Jasoh which run through the summer at a price of $40 or $55 with wine. I don't know about you, but I don't drink wine, thank goodness, but it sometimes is nice to cook with. Though I would have a hard time cooking with a 1908 vintage wine commanding a price of some $40K per bottle. This wine can be had at a certain hotel in Las Vegas. Jasoh also offers such desserts as Tiramisu (though it's best to have this dessert at someone's house who knows how to make it without making it laden with alcohol.) All in all, however, my experience at Jasoh was a good one. It sits atop the list of restaurants I have visited this month (seeing as the only other restaurant I have visited this month was Arby's.) No, seriously, it was a very good restaurant. Highly recommended.

Oh, yeah, they also have a wildberry lemonade that is really quite tasty, but you have to ask for it specifically.

Hmm, this one was loaded with lots of numbers.