Monday, August 29, 2005

Welcome, welcome!

Welcome back to school, y'all!

I hope y'all's days have been good. I know mine has. I had two classes today that were the same old same old as far as class introductions go. I did learn in my database class that hobbies count for something in general class lecture, as do your pet's names (Psycho, in my case.)

The real meaty lesson of the day came from my Client/Server programming (UNIX) class, taught by the infamous Dr. Bob Capener (those of you in CS will recognize that name instantly.) Let's see; what did I learn today? Oh yeah, I learned about this:

  • Fly fishing takes a good deal of patience and knowledge of the river.
  • Do not, under any circumstances, take a bomb-laden B-52 through a hard turn maneuver. You might lose the bombs.
  • Democrats = Commie Pinkos :)
  • The Standard Examiner is Democrat. (see above statement)
  • Microsoft is one of Satan's imps incarnate on the earth. Nothing they create makes any sense or works like it should.
  • Diabetes is caused by working for WSU.
  • FORTRAN is the inspired word of God, or at least something very close.
So yeah, that's the basic jist of the lesson in Client/Server class today. Productive lesson. If any of you happen to get a chance to take a class from Dr. Bob, do it. At least sit in on a lesson of his. I think his best lessons come when he's in the UNIX lab. He talks about everything from fork() to how we should take our kids out of the public schools and teach school in the churches.

Oh, and I just saw a guy drive by on a motorcycle with what looked like a saddle blanket between him and the seat of the bike. The excitement never ceases.

Ta ta!