Monday, August 22, 2005

Carpe Manus

A real quick post 'cuz I gotta run here in a sec.

Today was a once in a lifetime experience for me: I got to play for the VFW National Convention with the combined WSU Wind Ensemble/Ogden Concert Band at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, for which the keynote speaker was the Commander in Chief of our nation's armed forces. After he spoke he came down and shook my hand...along with a few hundred other peoples'. But still - it's not every day you get to shake the President's hand.

Quite the start for a week of band camp. Things there are looking interesting. Fewer people, but my main concern is that I'll enjoy all the music we're going to play. I have never been a fan of rock tunes as main show material, but I guess I'll just have to rewrite the stock parts to be kickin'.

Last Saturday I got the CD of Thenami's show music and wrote the tenor and bass parts for the opener. (Actually I have a few measures to change for the bass part still, but it's basically done.)

Ok, hope you enjoy the band hall news flash video posts. Tha's right! Crazy things are already happening.

Episode 3 is recorded and editing will begin soon.

Peace