Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Re: Excitement and company

Well, Jarrett, this certainly was an appropriate venue for communicating your mission call, seeing as we've all been waiting to hear where you're going. South Africa is an interesting place. Yes, they speak English there. In fact, it's quite similar to the Queen's English, but maybe with a bit more of an Australian accent. (I have friends from South Africa.) However, be it an English-speaking mission or not, if you server out in Boonyville someplace, I'm sure you'll get to learn the local language. Congratulations, Jarrett, for getting your mission call. Your mission will change your life.

So, now I find myself just sitting here, perched atop a very squeaky chair with my black keyboard in my lap trying to think of something more to say. So, I guess I'll just say that pacing a train down the freeway at 70 mph is pretty cool. Especially when the train is going through residential zones along the way. Gee, trains are big!

Sighting of the day: A street sweeper truck converted into the world's biggest vacuum cleaner for vacuuming leaves out of the gutters. (I seriously had to do a double and a triple take.)

No, I'm not high yet from the pervasive smell of wood finish in my new office. I hate the hard wood floors because I can FREEKIN' HEAR EVERYTHING IN THE OFFICE! It's especially bad for me when I'm on the phone with a customer and someone else in the office talks. It is really loud.

Anyhow, I think I'm going to bed now. Chat at y'all later!

Yay!! I'm going to Disneyland in a week!! I'm excited. Jungle Cruise, here I come!