Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Excitement, Nervousness, Curiosity, Impatience

And other emotions I currently (and almost always, to be honest) feel.

Let me begin with the random and say, (iron rooster) would be an excellent name for a Band or Clandestine Organization or simply a way of saying, 'that's strange-seeming but is actually pretty normal.'

Now, as to why I am excited, nervous, curious and impatient.

This seems an appropriately delayed venue for the announcement of my Mission Call - since I assume no one will see this for a little while. I received my mission call today, and opened it (in a very reasonable, calm, dignified fashion. I made my family wait, ah, ah, ah).

So I've been called to serve in the Johannesburg South Africa mission. The mission includes the northern part of South Africa, as well as Botswana, Mozambique, and Lesotho. It's an English mission (no !Xhosa for me).

I enter the Provo MTC on February the 9th (a Wednesday).

So that's the news.
(iron rooster, eh?)

*****************

And may you all have a most excellent Thanksgiving, and Bach be with you. Remember to be thankful for George Fox and the Quakers and other Congregationalist groups (Such as the Puritans and Pilgrims(who were Puritans that went to Holland and then America)) who gave us this fine holiday, which Washington established, Jefferson did away with(his reasoning was actually good), and Lincoln re-established(again, good reasoning), and Roosevelt put on the fourth Thursday of November.

*****************

Let me say cryptically and on a completely separate thought that once again, there's one less I have to worry about.
(Sound bite: 'Savila se bela loza', a Serbian folk tune)