Thursday, September 15, 2005

Threpterophilia

That's what the Warner Bros on Animaniacs have. I saw it written on a piece of paper and decided to look it up. Dictionary.com failed, but Google (almost never) does.

Googly-moogly. That's what I get for checking the blog from the dashboard rather than the regular way. I didn't get to get in on the excitement of the secret post hunt.

quote of the day -
stress' (stres) n: the feeling of tension that arises when one's mind overrides the desire to choke the living daylights out of some JERK who desperately needs it

link of the day - firewalking.com

Today I learned more about why normalization is a good thing. Without it, querying a database can be less than a spree.

As for the movie watching itself, Jessica and Scooze should abduct each other. Jessica, I know that band is long past and that it won't benefit you in that way, but just in case your desire to be kidnapped was a general one and not specific to T/Th 12:00-1:50, that would be a good arrangement for the both of you.

As for comedies to watch, here are some of my favorites (keep in mind I like old movies as well):

Uncorked (I was introduced to this film by Jarrett)
The Court Jester
Arsenic and Old Lace (with Carey Grant, not the stage version with Andrew, although that one was probably excellent as well)
Bringing Up Baby
The Muppets' Treasure Island
Disney's Peter Pan
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
How to Steal a Million
The Big Mouth
Wallace and Grommit (any of them)

As for other movies I like besides comedies (these are among my top favorites):

To Kill a Mockingbird
Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon

As for movies that are trippy:
Alice in Wonderland (Disney or the live acting version)
Labyrinth
The Dark Crystal
The Last Unicorn
Krull
The Neverending Story

Good luck deciding. It always hurts my brain to try to pick out a movie.