Friday, September 09, 2005

Squeeze Clutch, Twist Throttle, Release Clutch...

...and HOLD ON!!

Celebrate Wonderful Weirdos Day! Yay! A day made especially for band geeks! So, um, what else did the calendar in the SUB say about Wonderful Weirdos?

Jon, don't feel bad about the laptop DVD players. My laptop doesn't play DVDs at all any more. It's not that it overheats, it just doesn't like DVDs.

Flash mobbing sound fun. I think it'd be a cool thing to try sometime. Y'know if something like that were to happen when I was around, I think I would ponder upon the significance and singularity of the event, but then go about my business of the day. Oh, and I would definitely blog about it.

Quote of the day: "You must choose, but choose wisely. For as the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you....He chose poorly."

Okay, so this 1337 I can take, but what really annoys me is AOL-ese. U no sumthing like ths whr the ppl jst typ and u nvr no wot ther sayin of if they evr took a class on how 2 rite of crs theres no puncttion or propr spelling and the thots go on n on w/o break and of crs theres lots of LOL and ROFL LOL and :) :) :) :) and !!!!!!!!!! wots wit dat? u no wot i mean?

Geez! That's almost as bad as nothavinganyspacesbetweenthewords. I'm sorry if I gripe about that a lot, but I get it a lot. I think that AOL and cell phones with that cursed txt feature are well on their way to destroying proper grammar. Of course, this is coming from a person who hasn't yet figured out how to use the phone directory feature on a cell phone. If I need to call someone, I need to know their number, right? Right? That's why there are numbers on the cell phones: so that I can call someone. It's really bad when I ask someone for a phone number and they're like "I don't know; I just use my cell phone to call them." Well, a lot of good that does me, eh? I'm not against technology by any means. If I were, I'd be in the wrong major. I just need some help with cell phone technology. I have such a hard time with it. As for AOL, well, I rate them up there with Microsoft and Apple in doing a bang-up job of convincing the world that there is no reason for you to know how to use a computer.

Wow, I didn't think a 4Runner could go that fast! Of course with gas at ~$300 a gallon, if I had a 4Runner, I wouldn't make it go very fast at all.

Okay, so last night, I played a concert in Huntsville (Utah, not Alabama) with the OCB. It was a decent concert, but owing to the fact that it was in Huntsville, the audience/band ratio was almost 1:1. The real fun of the concert was the drive to and from. If you've never taken 12th street up the canyon to Huntsville, you really need to. But, please, do it in a CAR not a truck. The canyon is a nice, twisty drive which will really make you wish it were longer. The speed limit is 40 which makes the twists in the road somewhat of a thrill to go around. There was one turn which was brutal at 40, but if you have a nice low-slung car with a low C/G and good tires, it's really fun. I say take a car because trucks simply don't have the performance geometry needed to take the turns accurately. There's too much body roll with a truck to make it any fun. You have to slow down too much to take the turns, which takes all the fun out of it. So, if you can use a nice car, preferrably with all-wheel independent suspension, it should be a fun ride. It's really scenic too. Be sure to take it with the windows down. Take in the smell and sound of the canyon. Last night when I went through the canyon, I passed some homes and restaurants and there was this distict smell of hickory. Thoughts of camping and outdoor recreating came to my mind and I kind of just enjoyed the moment. Next drive up for review: The Alpine Loop and Cascade Springs.

Site of the while: HowStuffWorks.com

I'll catch y'all later!

Jason