Tuesday, April 12, 2005

John Williams...

...does it again!

The Revenge of the Sith soundtrack is soooo cool!! I love the music. I think my favorite track is the End Titles track because it blends very nicely into the music from A New Hope. Overall though, the entire album is just amazing Star Wars music that only John Williams can produce. A must buy when it comes to stores!

CD Must-buy of the day: Woody Herman - Fatha Herman and his Thundering Herd. Oh, you just have to love Al Vizzutti's performance on Firedance! He does double-octave double-tonguing like it's child's play. And speaking of Al Vizzutti, another must-have CD is High Class Brass by him and trumpet virtuoso Jeff Tyzik. I saw these guys in concert in the Tabernacle in 1995 and it was the sweetest brass concert I have ever seen. The feature chart is this classical/jazz chart called High Class Brass Suite. It's very suite indeed.