Monday, April 25, 2005

Everyone's your friend in Bloemfontein

Two random things:

1.
A Cd at the house of a member:

"Pan Pipe love moods -- featuring the seductive sound of the Pan Pipes"


2.
An email and Reply:


"ARTHUR JARRETT WHEATLEY 04/18/05 2:26 AM
18 april 2005. Bloemfontein, South Africa.

Dr. Root:
Greetings to you and Good Morning. I thought I might drop a little note today and wish you the best for this semester. I trust you are well; I myself am doing very well. My question for you is as follows:

You once said that Hot Fudge promoted unity. Why is that? In whatway does Hot Fudge promote unity?

Anyways, you can see I am my usually jovial self. I hope that all is well with you and the Band. Have a wonderful day.
--Jarrett Wheatley"

"Well, Jarrett--I don't remember when I said that, but at the same time I don't think I have ever met anybody who didn't like hot fudge, and everyone feels good after they have it, and for the same reasons. therefore it is a teambuilder when everyone has it together! I am well, looking forward to the end of school, of course. We have had a great year. TR"


Why ask Why?
Why not?

So I hope you are all well. I hope that I may continue to have a place in your faith and your prayers. I pray that God will bless each of you -- and remember:

I know that there is a God in Heaven. He is our Father and loves us; that's the reason for the whole plan of salvation, the whole church, the whole Gospel. He wants us to succeed, too!
"If God be for us, who can be against us?"

And again, "When you stop squirming against the great catastrophe that is 'being alive',
Music flies out of the Dog-Doo."

Also remember the love of your friend,

Elder Jarrett Wheatley