Friday, August 06, 2004

It's on the other one

If you're looking for it, that is.

I mean, my detailed post about the trip to Germany. And by the other one I mean my blog.

Well, since Ricky hasn't yet yet done what he said he might, which is post here and ask if we really do have a concert on Monday or not, I'll continue here with my post and see if you can all make it safely into the Archives. I don't know why, Ben, but this thing you started is fun and challenging. I don't know if it will ever be possible without cheating and posting several times a day, or copying large volumes of text from the web into one's post.

Looks like jetlag is destined to be one of my souvenirs from the trip. I hadn't intended it to be so, but that's just the way it is then.

Well, I just can't wait for school to start. This is going to be way fun. Just listen to me. Saying 'school' and 'fun' in the same sentence. (Not the same sentence, actually.) I know that after school has been in session for a while (like about an hour - if that) I'll think back about this post and cry that reason had left me. This always seems to happen to me though. Summer arrives, and before it's over I find myself wishing I were going to school. Then, before much school passes, I find myself wishing that it were vacation again. Oh, well. Such is human weakness.

I wonder if Dr. Root has anything planned this year yet in the way of trips for the band to go on. Taiwan, Reno, Europe. I think I'm getting severly addicted to band trips. Each one just is better than the last. I guess this is a good thing for me, since from looking at my :( schedule today I :( am realizing that graduation is :( looking further and further :( away for me. If a class required for your major has a prerequisite, don't YOU think it should be included in the list of required classes for the degree? Hmmm? I do. And it doesn't help that they changed the requirements from an A.S. degree to an A.A.S. degree. I'm just going to have to go talk to Donna (the CS dept. councilor) and figure something out.

favorite tune of the day: The National Anthem
favorite funny thing of the day: people who ask where the weight room is. Like I know. I mean, look at me.

Congrats, Lars. Oh, wait, you probably don't read this. I'll have to wait until you're back from Cali to tell you in person.

favorite thing of the while to do, seeing as how I'm really tired often due to adding graveyard shift to long flights recovery: finding myself mentally back wandering around the Folksfest, or at Weisenburger Hof, or at the lake, or in Paris. It keeps happening when I shut my eyes. It's kinda cool. I'm sure it will wear off after a while (both the fatigue and the realistic flashbacks), but for while it lasts it's fun. After that, I'll have to look at pictures, reread my journal, or actually concentrate to remember some parts of the trip. Other parts are just too memorable to forget, like walking up to the Eiffel Tower for the first time and just watching it get bigger and bigger and having my jaw decrease in altitude by degrees. I think other buildings might be impressive by being tall, but since the Tower is so open and uniquely shaped, it gives a better sense of how tall it actually is and even makes it seem taller somehow. And really, how fun is it to lay in a park next to some flat monolith, be it 3 or 4 times as high and look up at its unvarying surface? Not as fun.

Ok, so less talk, more saw.

---

Later that evening... (really, since it's after midnight, it's more like early the next day...)

Just as I got home from Andrew's I saw the first shooting star I've seen in a long time. Good times.

Telephones, I have decided, are a blessing and a curse. Good for talking to friends and associates, bad when my work phone just stopped working. We need to go either to telegraphs or telepathy. Like the good Doctor Root said, "One day is gooder or badder than another." And either of those choices would be gooder or badder than the phones we have now.

"Sleep."
-Locutus