Thursday, August 05, 2004

Here we go again

We'll be back in a flash.

Weren't 80's Saturday morning cartoons great?

Well, I'm thinking of trying on Ben's nefarious scheme here and try to banish all y'all to the depths of the Activities... I mean Archives (Our Chives?)

Just converting more of my CDs to mp3s to put on my toy. Then I can be like my hero, Ultimate "iPod" Cory. Actually, Cory's not my hero. More like my arch nemesis. Ok, well, maybe he's not either of those. To be my hero, he would have to dress like Tigger dressed up as Spiderman for All Hallows' Eve. Every day. For the rest of the year. (Do Tiggers celebrate Candy Day? - I would think it's what they do best.)

Well, to aid me in my plot, here are some selected pictures from the trip to Europe. Since they are kind of artsy shots, they don't really have people in them or convey the fun that was had there, but they still are ok. At least I think so. But then I took them, so go figure. At least they improve my self esteem by giving me the delusion that I am some kind of photographer rather than simply a mad shutterbug.





Well, when I post this I'll check and see if my (Ben's) plan worked for me.
My utmost appologies to those on dial-up*.

By the by, I've submitted three (3) of these photos to RitzCamera.com for their photo contest, all in the scenery category. Wish me luck. 10 extra points to anyone who can correctly or otherwise guess which three I chose. I'll give you a hint; one is from Hof, two are from Paris. [Note: I edited this post so that the 3 pictures mentioned are the only ones pictured. Sorry again, Ben, for putting your dial-up through the ordeal.]

Well, Ben, I'm glad I could ride the range and become acquainted with sagebrush. That is, I am pleased to have been a cattle-ist. Hope all that turns out well for you. Following good advice, I was able to arrive home intact on account of your account of the aforementioned events. Another good way to stay awake when driving a car: simply hold a $100 bill out the window. You're guaranteed to stay alert. Okay, not really. Currently listening to Earthrise/Return to the Earth while editing this post. So far, this computer hasn't restarted itself even once yet today, whereas on Tuesday it did it about every hour. Only 1/2 hour more to go before I'm off for my 1/2 hour break before drumline.

Looks like working at the stick might not work out after all. I gave my schedule to the head team leader yesterday and she gave me a look that basically said fat chance. But I'll definitely hang out there a lot, even if I don't end up working there. Counting down then to the 20th. For those of you who don't know (and that's likely all of you) that's my last night in the nursery... I mean, my last day working in the library computer lab. On that fateful day, the lab will close for the last time and I will be carted off to Jacarta. Or just another lab(s) here on campus. 2 Fun.

Peace


*Dial-up does not technically count as the Internet.