Sunday, December 10, 2006

Yay! Trumpets are legal now!!

Flute 9
Clarinet 10
Saxophone 11
Trumpet 21
Trombone 12
Tuba 15
French Horn 9
Viola 2
Harp 11

Andrew, I can only think of a couple of people I know who actually like Microsoft. And I am not one of them. I use Windows out of necessity; it provides some services that other systems do not, that I have discovered to be difficult to live without. I forsook MSN messenger a couple of years ago because of its desire for constant attention. I use mostly Jabber for IM (Google chat, gaim), but if I do need to connect to MSN/AOL, I use Trillian. So yeah, I don't much care for Microsoft either. Except, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I do think the Zune player is pretty cool.

Y'know, a couple of years ago, I purchased some speakers for my computer so that I could upgrade the sound experience. I forked over about $50 and bought the Logitech X-230 2.1 speaker set. Previous to that, I had this fairly nice 2.1 system by Altec Lansing which I donated to Kristin so that she wouldn't have to listen to her old crackly speakers anymore. Anyway, when we moved to Ogden, we set up our TV and DVD player, but desperately needed some decent movie sound. So, I sacrificed and connected my nice speaker system to the DVD player. It really wasn't a sacrifice at all. Over the last year plus, we have really enjoyed the sound that the X-230 puts out. The subwoofer is enough to actually blow air across the room. The sound rivals some Bose systems for clarity. Just last night, we were watching "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" and during the end credits, I went in the other room. I could still hear the music loud and clear through the concrete walls. I do try to keep the music down after 10:00 pm so we don't come off as being bad neighbors. But yes, those little speakers are really quite impressive.

Anyway, that's my product review for the day. Take it easy, y'all!