Friday, January 06, 2006

Let the Madness Begin!!

No, this is not a repeat of last season. It's doesn't even come with a 90-day guarantee. The most you'll get is maybe a 5-day guarantee. We're Back! School is officially in session on Monday and that means that all the madness of the world will be cobbled into a couple of days. You may have noticed that in previous semesters, we've featured lots of hard classes with a considerable amount of stress. And, oh the tests! Tests and quizzes to dull your senses. Well, this season, we thought we'd start out with a little bit of, well, just that!

So, without further ado, get your notebooks and pencils ready for a great semester of learning and application. Uh huh. It's cliche, but what else can I say?

Anyhow, I didn't want you all to go into this semester completely devoid of any amusement at all, so if you'll please direct your browser to this link and either select to download or stream the movie presented on that page, I assure you that you will be amazed. Okay, that was a long sentence so let me recap: Click here, download or stream the movie (beware, download is big), enjoy. If you download the movie, it is in mpeg format so you might need to install a software DVD player to view it. If so, go and download PowerDVD from CyberQuest. Be sure to only get the trial version.

Okay, so I just have to mention that if you're interested, I do have a copy of the Lord of the Rings Symphony for band by Johan DeMeij which you can download for your listening pleasure. If you're in Dr. Root's band program and have not yet played the LOTR symphony, stick with it and you will. He loves it and so do most of the students. You can download the symphony here. Keep in mind that this is on my personal web server in my apartment so my bandwidth (and therefore your download speed) is somewhat limited. I probably shouldn't be hosting that on my site, but it's very difficult finding a good recording of the LOTR symphony. If anyone complains about it, I will remove it. By the way, while you're on that site, you may take a listen to the Ditty Bops. I really like their music.

Anyway, the time has come to bid you all adieu. Take care and good luck this semester! I know I'm going to need it. :)

"Ferrari is like a toned down version of God" --Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear

ps: I have been in one of the above-pictured motorcars. I have a permanent place in my heart for them.