Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Getting Civilized

I've been playing Civilization 3 of late. And starting to learn Ruby.

long, geeky quote of the day:

"The Ruby developers use CVS (Concurrent Version System, freely available from http://www.cvshome.com) as their revision control system. You can check files out as an anonymous user from their archive by executing the following CVS commands:

% cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.netlab.co.jp:/home/cvs
login
(Logging in to anonymous@cvs.netlab.co.jp)
CVS password: guest
% cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.netlab.co.jp:/home/cvs
checkout ruby


The complete source code tree, just as the developers last left it, will now be copied to a ``ruby'' subdirectory on your machine, updating your local source tree from a repository on the other side of the world. Isn't it a great time to be alive?"


Actually Jason, the Napster in that picture is on my office machine. Downloading music is okay on campus as long as it's legal. Napster didn't used to be legal, but it is now since they are no longer a p2p filesharing network client thingy. However, one of my co-workers is one of the very people that would drop said burning automobile parts on my person should I use a p2p client to start pulling ""archived"" music or movie torrents off the web. I have only ever downloaded about 2 illegal music-type songfiles in my life, which I later purchased anyway. I may be a pirate, but not that kind! :)

In other news, I hope everyone had a greatwonderful Christmas and is having an Appy New Year so far. I know I am. I am in Ithilien right now, just getting ready to leave. And I am learning all sorts of new things, like how Dreamweaver 8 uses html and xml for a lot of its functionality (hooray for customization/automation).

haha

I just rememered that the Jingles2la tagline was "3 Monkeys 10 Minutes"

Good times, good times.