Thursday, May 19, 2005

To add my own commentations, here's my pal Putting

Jon, to counter your "fresh on third degree burns" comment, I'd just have to say, remember that Anakin won't survive with out his helmet. It was an intensive, necisary, immediate surgery they had to perform right then and there . . . at least that's the way I took it. The only scene that didn't work for me was the Anakin changing to the dark side bit. Ten minutes earlier, he had just turned Palpatine over Windu, he charges in demanding Jedi justice be dealt to the sith lord, then helps to very brutally kill Windu, but then says "What have I done." He is in no way wanting to go to the dark side and the almost, in not literal, next words out of his mouth are "I'll do whatever you ask of me." Now, where did this change occur? There was no middle ground, just I'm trying to be the best Jedi I can followed directly by I'm a sith lord now. I definitely thought that it was a lot better than I and II. The Padme/Anakin scenes weren't half as excrutiating as in II. I think that Portman was given a good set of lines (for once) and that she pulled them off. She was a realistic woman wanting to be a mother and was having concerns about her husband changing and not being able to provide the type of life to her children that she wanted to give them. Very realistic, very good job. Lucas still needs to take a script writing class, but that was ok. I absolutely loved all the tie-ins. AWESOME! Double +A for that one. Things I wanted to see:
Qui-Gon Jin as a ghost
General Grievous' true form (loved the four arms, by the way)
Degobah
I was gonna put more, but then I couldn't think of any more.