Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Re: Go Lynx

Jon, I totally know what you mean. I am familiar with Lynx because I am a Linux user. In fact, Linux is my operating system of choice (because it's so freakin' powerful, and stable as the day is long.) Lynx is an installation option on most distributions of Linux and I have used it on a number of occasions when I couldn't use a graphical browser. The fact that it runs no scripting makes it very secure and not a source of virus or malware woes.

I did notice that Workspot does not allow you to reconnect recursively to the site, but it is still a really cool demonstration. Think of how sweet it would be to teach Linux to a class without having to install it and waste valuable class time. Of course, it would have to be an intro class because anything more involved would have to cover Linux from the install all the way through package management.

So, I'm glad that there are some geek-friendly people out there because I'm a geek and I like friends. :)

Discovery of the Yesterday (Memorial Day): Spark Plugs for Motorcycle - $1.67 at Auto Zone rather than suspected $8 a piece at regular motorcycle shop.