Friday, February 02, 2007

Life, as 'twere

So, I had a great day today. I got an interview with Instructional Media Services to be a camera operator. It went really really well, and I'll hear back for sure by the middle of next week.

I signed up for a great workshop on the technical side of filmmaking wich will happen on the 24th.

I got my finished film back from the Cinema Lab. It looks pretty darn good, however, they did incorrectly time about four shots to look red, which they shouldn't have. There'll be a show from my 16mm film class coming up in April. I'll let all you band hall denizens know when it is in case you wanted to come see it (hint hint).

Also, I discovered I have not outgrown reading comic books. My love of Batman has been re-kindled after learning that Paul Dini (who wrote for Batman the Animated Series) was hired by DC to be the principal writer of it's Detetective Comics line. I immediately went out and picked up all the back issues (six total) and ran home to read them. While they aren't comic book masterpieces and would work better as episodes of the cartoon, they're still fun reads.

And, last, but certainly not least, I got my car back. Turns out it was the clutch afterall. My mechanic was super awesome though and called Hyundai USA and told them he thought they should pay for it rather than me. Hyundai agreed to pick up $700 and I was left to cover only $300 of total repair work. I thought they did an excellent job protecting my interests at the dealership, and I thought Hyundai was very awesome to pick up that much of the bill. Now I have it back, and it drives like new.

The grand finale:

Flute 13
Clarinet 10
Saxophone 13
Trumpet 25
Trombone 19
Tuba 9
Harp 11

Trumpet +, Flute -