Friday, April 21, 2006

What was that?

Okay, I might think that the Monome is cool if I could figure out what it was supposed to do. All I saw was this thing with 64 lights on it connected to an iBook (eyeBook?). It seemed like the thing also controlled the music that was playing, but I can't figure out how. I think the demo could have been better, also, if you could see the lights a little more clearly. For me, I saw lots of reflection off the somewhat shiny top surface. But, if I could tell what the Monome did, I'm sure that I would think that it was cool and I'd probably want one. :)

In other news, the Backup Fairy was averted. I think I might have scared it off. However, I was visited by the Wipe-Out-Your-Server's-DNS-Entries Fairy. That's why my server was behaving the way it was. A simple reset of the DNS entries solved the problem. However, I still have to research the tens of thousands of log entries that the server generated during its soused period.

'kay, bye.