Monday, April 19, 2004

Joe's Last Request

Well, I'll be a-practicing like mad today and tomorrow and the day after tomorrow for the upcoming concerts. I really wish that we had just a few weeks more to work on our piece for Wind Ensemble. I think it would be a really fun piece to play if we just had a bit more time to polish it up a bit.

Today, Diego and my person went to Vista WebCT training. That's the new system that all the WSUonline courses will be through starting next spring semester. Fun stuff. I really liked the community chat/whiteboard feature. It was way cool.

There was an interesting post put up by Dr. Keipp on the greetings thread of Vista about sound. I'll have to ask him about that one sometime.

Poor, poor the general manager of the Abbey Inn in Cedar City. I hope they take care of the wi-fi system there to prevent nervous breakdowns all around.

I kind of dig my new job, but I'm a little unsure of exactly what I want to do when I grow up. At this point I think a fireman is out of the picture. Astronaut too.

By the by, Jason, I think the tagline of your website has got to be one of the coolest and funniest things I've read in a while.

Quote of the day:
As a logical fallacy, Wishful Thinking is an argument whose premiss expresses a desire for the conclusion to be true.

And, yes, the author treats the spelling of premiss in an endnote; the spelling is correct.

Peace