Saturday, May 12, 2007

Multi-something...

Everybody needs a multiplicity of stuff. :) Jeff, I run a Dell PowerEdge 2850 server every day. It is a quad Itanium box with 4G of RAM and running in a RAID 5 configuration. I was even sort of involved in replacing a couple of the SCSI disk in the RAID array. It was I who first discovered that they had gone bad! :) Yeah, it's a nice server, but really for a personal machine, it's not that impressive, and ungodly loud with the fans it takes to keep it cool. Now, for me, what would be cool would be a nice, high-capacity router and switching system to route traffic on the Internet. Oh yeah, sweetness! Can I just own a telecom company?

So yeah, Jeff, congrats on everything. I think it's great that you're getting sealed. Your life will be richly blessed! I can't tell you how much Kristin and I have seen the blessings of a temple sealing. It's incredible. Good job!

Okay, so for those of you who believe that Macs are impervious to the problems of Windows machines, I refer you to the [quite] new iMac at Kristin's grandma's house. I have seen only a handful of Windows boxes that run as bad as that thing does. Between her and everyone else who uses that machine, it has tons of junk on it, just like badly infected Windows boxes. I ran 'ps -e' and 'top' to try to determine why it was running so poorly, but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. So, it is possible to hose a Mac.

Also, riding a motorcycle is so freakin' awesome! If you get the chance (or if you force the issue in my case) learn to ride. You'll not regret it. It's so awesome to be riding down the road with the rumble of the motor beneath you and the wind whipping around you and to realize that you can get a way more unobstructed view of everything than the poor saps stuck in their cars. :) Even a convertible can't match it. Now, don't get me wrong; I love cars. But motorcycling is like taking driving to a whole new level. Just a little thought. :)

Chao!

This betta be pretty freakin' impat'nt. Is the meadow on fire?