Friday, March 31, 2006

Useless trivia

The first recorded use of a blog dates back to 1774, when Samuel Adams detailed his account of the Boston Tea Party in a little known journal which he titled "The Boston Log." Amongst friends and colleagues he would refer to it as his "blog."

Also:
Due to popular demand for the film but governmental concern over its message, George Lucas's Star Wars was redubbed and recut by the Soviet Ministry of Information in 1981. In this altered version, Luke is reluctant to resist the Empire because he knows that their goals are virtuous, but is strongarmed into it by a conniving and cowardly Obi-Wan Kenobi, who commits suicide at the hands of Darth Vader rather than lead the rebellion against the Empire himself. Luke finally becomes indoctrinated, and leads an attack run against the Death Star, from which he does not return. The final shot of the film is of four additional Death Stars, and the implication of many more, underscoring the futility of Luke's fight against a government whose only goal is to protect its citizens. Interestingly, the name of this loving empire's weapon remains more or less unchanged, translating roughly to "Star of Murder".

Those factoids from gullible.info (no, they're really true).

So... the website for purchasing the DCI Classic Countdown tickets from is not working, but I purchased my tix directly from the theater over the phone. Downside: I have to pick them up in person and they will only hold them for 2 days tops. So - if anyone wants to order their tix over the phone and leave them in my name I will pick them up when I go down tomorrow after Conference (ca. 8pm). But you have to let me know ASAP if you want me to. Umkay? Umkay.

In other news, I have a new blog that will be coming online soon. It will be cool. Literally. I'll link it up here when it's ready.

Peace