Monday, April 07, 2008

I'm goin'!!!

I'm going not only because my 06 show was one of the shows chosen but also because the person that I asked to go with me to last years Countdown couldn't make it but lucky for me, she can go this time!

What's funny about the Countdown this time is how many theaters it's playing at. The first year it wasn't even in Utah, the next year I believe it was down in West Jordan and last year it was in Ogden. Now it's showing in Ogden, Layton, SLC, Sandy and West Jordan.... Since I've gone to both the Ogden and West Jordan ones, I'm planning on going to the one in Layton. Hopefully I'll see some of ya there!

Also, there are some concerts coming up. There is a chamber music concert featuring the freshman honors quintets coming up on April 11th at 7:30pm. This will include a woodwind and brass quintet (I'm playing tuba with the freshman quintet cause their original tuba play can't do it anymore) and also a Tuba-Euph quartet that I'm a part of. The next concert is the combined bands concert on April 16th at 7:30pm. The highlight of this concert will be both bands joining together to play The Lord of the Rings Symphony by de Meij. This is going to be my last concert up here at Weber State as well.... Kinda sad but a little weird at the same time since this was the feature piece I played at my first concert at Weber.

later.