Friday, November 16, 2007

File Recovery

Hey Jon! You had fun recovering deleted files eh? Oh, I know the feeling. "Help me!! I deleted the spreadsheet I've been working on for weeks! Oh, and by the way, I think I deleted it four days ago." Wow! How technology solves our problems, eh. I think it's hilarious. Or, there's that Labor Day weekend I found myself in the office working on upgrading MAS, our accounting software. Oooh, that was fun. Not only were we upgrading the software, we were moving it off our Exchange server onto it's own server. Yeah, that was a riot.

But, there's something strangely enjoyable about IT work. That's why I keep going back day after day. It's always enjoyable to have people tell me that I'm their hero for fixing their seemingly critical problem.

Project for the now: upgrade our current 100Mbit switch to a new 1Gbit switch and install Gbit NICs in all the company computers. Oh, and that has to be done without interrupting anyone. :)

Chao!