Sunday, May 07, 2006

A total waste of time

Gambling, that is. It's a total waste of time and it's way overrated. I remember trying it out in Shreveport, Louisiana once and thinking the same thing. But this weekend we celebrated Kristin's birthday and went to Wendover and tried a bit of gambling there, too. Still, it's a waste of time and I do not understand why someone would get addicted to it.

Anyhow...

So yeah, I would like to participate in the contest, but I don't really know how to use SketchUp. I'm still working my way through the tutorials. I know, I'm a slacker and should have had them done a long time ago, but I was very busy Friday and Saturday. So far, it looks fairly simple to construct a 3D object, though.

Also, Jeff, what do you want to know about web servers/virtual servers/remote connections? I just happen to know quite a bit about them and have set them up successfully. In fact, I have a web server and some remote connections set up on my home network now. My web server is currently running on Red Hat Linux 9 with Apache 2.0.40. I have remote connections via secure shell (SSH) and via Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (Terminal Server) to my Linux box and my Windows machine respectively. I can reach these machines anywhere in the world. Virtual servers are one thing I haven't had much experience with, but I did just learn about them last week, so the information is pretty fresh in my mind. So, if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Take it easy, y'all.

Oh, let me enumerate the cool cars I spied on my way back from Bend-over yesterday:

Plenty of Porsche 911s (~$97,000)
A Bentley Continental GT (~$165,000)
A Ferarri F430 (~$199,000)
An Enzo Ferarri (current mkt value approx. $1.2M)
A Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren (~$450,000)