Friday, October 24, 2008

Posting

for no purpose other than posting.

Erik Satie's daily schedule:
An artist must regulate his life. Here then is the precise schedule of my daily activities.
I get up at 7:18 a.m. I am inspired from 10:23 to 11:47. I have lunch at 12:11 and leave the table at 12:14.
A ride on my horse for my health's sake, at the rear of my estate, from 1:19 p.m. until 2:53. Another bout of inspiration from 3:12 to 4:07.
Different Occupations (fencing, reflection, immobility, visiting, contemplation, dexterity, swimming, etc.) from 4:21 to 6:47.
Dinner is served at 7:16 and over at 7:20. Then come symphonic readings (aloud) from 8:09 until 9:59.
My bedtime is regularly at 10:37. Every week I awaken with a start at 3:19 a.m. (Tuesdays).
I only eat white foods: eggs, sugar, ground bone, the fat of dead animals, veal, salt, coconuts, chicken boiled in white water; fruit mold, rice, turnips, bleached pudding, dough, cheese (white), cotton salad, and certain kins of fish (without skin).
I have my wine boiled, and drink it cold with fuchsia juice. I have a good appetite, but I never speak while eating for fear of choking.
I breathe carefully (a little at a time). I dance very rarely. When walking I hold my sides and look straight behind me.
Very serious in demeanor, if I laugh it is without meaning to. I apologize all the time and quite affably.
I only close one eye when sleeping; my sleep is very sound. My bed is round, with a hole provided for putting the head through. Every hour my servant takes my temperature and gives me another.
I am a longtime subscriber to a fashion magazine. I wear a white hat, white stockings, and a white vest.
My doctor has always told me to smoke. To this advice he adds, "Smoke, my friend. If you don't, someone else will smoke in your place."

Cult of the blague, welcome to the cult of the blog.