Monday, March 26, 2007

Though I may not aggree with him politically...

...John Dvorak has some of the greatest insight into the tech industry. I really do like watching his Internet show, Cranky Geeks, where he and some other tech-savvy folks discuss current and forthcoming technologies. I also like reading his columns in PC Mag, where he often rants and raves about the latest techno gizmos to grace the market.

Mr. Dvorak's latest rant is about the mobile phone industry and upon reading his little analysis, I discovered that many things really struck a chord with me. Now, I do not believe that the mobile phone industry should wither and die as he says, but I do understand the reason behind some of his glaring remarks. For instance, I do believe that mobile phones have not really increased our productivity, but rather only increased our rudeness to each other. Yes, there are perfectly legitimate times when a cell phone is very useful. I have experienced that blessing on a number of occasions. But, in a movie theater or in church, that really starts to suck! So folks, the next time you are in an airport, don't forget that it's illegal to yell "bomb." ;)

Anyhow, take it easy, y'all!