Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ta-Ta Ta

Honest.

Last night as I was driving home I thought about how I needed to get a new car sometime. Then I thought to myself that I would just put off buying a new car as long as possible. I thought, "I'm gonna drive this car into the ground." Well, what I meant by that was that I wanted to drive it until it would cost more to fix it when something major went out than it would be to buy a better car - you know, just use the thing right up - and then get a new car.

As it turns out, my car was indeed driven into the ground, although not by me.

It all happened early this morning about 8:30 or so. I was peacefully sleeping through my alarm, so I didn't hear the neighbor across the street ring the doorbell to let us know that some guy had hit my car which had been parked on the street in front of our house.

Spot was the only one in the vehicle at the time. As you can see from the picture, he was traumatized. As far as I know, he hasn't recovered at all. The fact that he has, as long as I've had him, always appeared traumatized doesn't change my opinion that the accident shook him up pretty badly. I'm just glad he didn't sustain any bodily damage.


As you can see here, there is not much hope for the Jingly-mobile. Now I'm minus a set of wheels.