Saturday, August 02, 2008

Methinks...

Well, Jon, you suggested the "watch for tanks" sign in tianamen (yes, a word I am probably incapable of spelling) square; I thought this, which I found on a blog linked to John Mackey's blog, was apt.


Protests

Mike: I oppose this war, and I have decided that I am going to eat a delicious, crispy Kit Kat for every day that it continues! Bring the troops home! *munch*
Me: Each of these Skittles represents an Afghan orphan!
Mike: This 7 day protest-cruise may appear to be a wonderful tropical vacation, but each morning at the buffet I weep for those brave Americans suffering from PTSD. And the number is constantly growing. Ooh, shrimp! I mean...*sob*
Me: Spa Sit-In Continues: organizers demand a pedicure to symbolize each amputee.
Mike: Today we stand together against the murder of animals for vanity, as we buy up all of these gorgeous, luxurious furs on sale for 50% off!
Me: We refuse all Chinese food until the brave people of Tibet are afforded their God-given freedom. Until then, sushi!
Mike: I will remain locked here in this luxury penthouse suite with only room-service to sustain me until the unlawfully imprisoned members of the Falun Gong are released.
Me: These brave men pledge to smoke a Cuban cigar every day until the prisoners at Guantanamo are released!