Monday, October 01, 2007

Hello from Windy City

Just sitting here noodling around waiting for my first session (Hands On: Deploying Flex and HTML/JavaScript Applications to Adobe Integrated Runtime) at the Adobe MAX 2007 Conference.

The scoop:

I like Adobe. They make good software, and they are in tune with where the industry is headed. They appear to have good leadership in directing their efforts to meet the current and coming needs of developers of everything from audio to video to websites to applications to print media.

The flight to Chicago was both uneventful and enjoyable as flying has typically been in the past for me. I like the takeoff - I admit it. It's like a theme park ride.

Chicago has tall buildings. Salt Lake City is kind of small in comparison. But I like it that way. Still, it's quite the experience to see the big city.

The breakfast this morning wasn't too bad, and the opening General Session (the keynote) was quite a kick. They announced some fun new toys, most of which are available on labs.adobe.com right now. One of the ones that I'm very interested in is the new Adobe Media Player (AMP). And I'm sure my boss is going to absolutely love the Google Analytics AIR app.

Well, we're getting started here, so I'll check in again later.

Peace

P.S. I've got pics on my flickr photostream and more commentary on my blog.